Tuesday 25 June 2013

The Return

Latest news on my Lovecraftian horror novel, The Return, is that it is scheduled for publication in August by Blood Bound Books.

I have been told that I'll shortly be getting the galley proofs and that the cover artwork will be ready within the next week or so.

The Return is set in Edgebottom, which contains the district of Grudge End, both of which have featured in a number of my stories over the past few years, including Lock-In, The Fragile Mask on His Face, The Worst of all Possible Places, The True Spirit, Old Grudge Ender, and Scrap (out soon in Dark Visions 1 from Grey Matter Press). In his review of my collection, His Own Mad Demons, Jim Mcleod (Gingernuts of Horror) wrote: "Robert Rankin has his Brighton, Terry Pratchett has his Discworld, and so David A. Riley has his Edgebottom, and I for one know which of these worlds I would like to take a return trip to."

No comments:

Post a Comment